Friday 29 May 2015

Small industrial town Namrup in Assam,India

Where do I start from I have written the opening lines of this blog several times and have delete them unable to decide on where to start from. There will be quite a few number of people in this world who would be knowing about Namrup. So lemme start by giving a brief history about it (promise to keep it restricted to a couple of lines !).
Well Namrup is a small industrial town in Assam which in turn is a small state in India. I do have a lot of memories attached with this place this is the place I grew up obviously you have real lot of affinity for places where you spend the childhood and grow up it really has a lot of contribution to your personality. There is nothing much in Namrup except three industries one Petrochemical, one Fertilizer and one Thermal Power Plant so its a small place which really has a great talent pool of well educated people . 
My Dad being a Mechanical engineer was also no exception and he started off there after his engineering the first job and at that time the plant was also in its initial phases so he saw the place grow as he went up the hierarchy to be the topmost official in the company.
So the three campuses were demarcated with walls and there were entrance gates with tight security for outsiders entering the campus. Very beautiful and well maintained campuses with large bungalows(as I grew up in those bungalows) as well as other type of housing accommodations. Greenery and  cleanliness were two things that were given utmost priority,never knew what is power cut and what is electricity bill when I grew up . Keep all the lights on across the 8-9 room bungalow. Trees like Gulmohar,Deodar,Neem,Peltophorum,Eucalyptus surrounded the campus and we had Bottle brush, sunflower,weeping willow,night jasmine,jasmine,varieties of Dahlia, narcissus,chrysanthemum etc all sorts of flowers in our bungalow garden along with that we also used to have a kitchen garden with fruits and veggies. Life's really been too kind to let us grow in such an atmosphere (dint understand that then though now when I stay in a metro realize it and miss that life and wanna get back that from the core of my heart but time once gone cant be brought back!)
Everything was so timely and the surrounding was so safe although this is something I am talking 20 yrs back still I dont think there is much change in the lifestyle except for the modernization creeping in and the internet culture getting into the heart.
There's easy accessibility to Art, music and martial arts ..
No issues of traffic although every person has a car and we had two most of the time as we had our own as well as the chauffeur driven office one. (Hmm miss those things too!)
Very good calm and peaceful environment to study and learn things and very less distraction so mostly its easy to have a good academic background as well as cultural background too.
Really miss that small town of mine where I spent my childhood and teenage days although I was not born there nor have I settled down there but I have spent the most beautiful and innocent time there.
How I wish I could go back there someday relive my memories. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks For Sharing Such a great information with us. i hope you will share some more information about this post. please keep sharing!
    https://www.bharattaxi.com/

    ReplyDelete